Amanda Louise Millyard is the founder and director/principal of Millyard Family Lawyers.
Amanda has been practicing in the area of family law in Cairns since 1997 when she commenced her articles of clerkship. She was admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland in 1999 and is also admitted to appear in the High Court of Australia.
She is a Queensland Law Society Accredited Specialist in Family Law and has been placed on Legal Aid Queensland’s Independent Children’s Lawyer and Separate Representative Panel in the capacity: Independent Children’s Lawyer – family law jurisdiction.
Amanda’s career in law in Cairns follows that of her parents before her.
She values being of service to others.
She compassionately represents clients from a variety of backgrounds during some of the most difficult times in their lives.
Amanda engages with others respectfully and professionally. She stays focused on resolving the issue.
Amanda works in partnership with her clients in deciding upon and implementing case strategy.
The firm invests in continuing legal education and professional development.
Amanda is invited to present continuing legal education papers at family law conferences.
Amanda’s areas of special interest are:
- Binding financial agreements to protect high net worth clients.
- The dynamics of personality in family law matters
She is trained in collaborative law practice and offers clients collaborative law solutions to resolving cases.
Amanda finds practicing family law rewarding when she assists clients to move forward positively in their lives.
Last but not least, she values enjoying her family life outside of her working life.
Qualifications and Training
- Collaborative Law Practice Workshop, 2012
- Queensland Law Society Accredited Specialist in Family Law, 2005
- Bachelor of Arts, James Cook University, 1999
- Bachelor of Laws, James Cook University, 1997
- Independent Children’s Lawyer – family law jurisdiction, 2013
- Queensland Law Society
- Law Council of Australia (Family Law Section)
- Family Law Practitioners Association
- Queensland Collaborative Law
- Family Law Practitioners Association Cairns
- Far North Queensland Collaborative Law
- Practice Group